Changelog - Medeek Wall
This Changelog is a list of all of the signficant updates and modifications that have occurred with the Medeek Wall extension since its inception in May of 2018. The most current versions/revisions are listed at the top.
- Added logic to the final assembly routine to allow for electrical components (Medeek Electrical) to be retained within wall panels.
Version 1.0.3 - 02.11.2019
- Fixed a bug in the display of the toolbars (Mac and Windows).
- Added a trimmer extend option to extend trimmers up to bottom of header when a built-up header is used that has a bottom plate.
Version 1.0.2 - 01.19.2019
- Added a louver vent option for all window shapes: Rectangle, Half Round, Segmented Arch, Gothic Arch, Oval/Circle, Octagon
Version 1.0.1 - 01.18.2019
- Added octagon windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Fixed a bug in the license and registration module.
Version 1.0.0 - 01.15.2019 thru 01.16.2019
- The Medeek Wall extension moved from BETA status to initial full release.
- Added the Open/Close (icon and function) to the Medeek Wall Tools toolbar.
- Enabled opening and closing of all man doors: 90 deg. or 45 deg.
- Enabled opening and closing of all garage doors.
Version 0.9.9 - 10.30.2018 thru 01.11.2019
- Enabled custom window header and trimmer widths within draw and edit menus.
- Added king and trimmer width parameters to the Windows tab of the global settings.
- Fixed a bug with insulation positioned above windows where trimmer quantity is greater than one.
- Enabled built-up headers within the window draw and edit menus: None, Top, Bottom or Both.
- Added the built-up header parameter to the Windows tab of the global settings.
- Resolved a non-critical error being generated by the context menu generator.
- Added a material parameter for ext. wainscot ledges.
- Added toolbar icons for "Fixtures" module.
- Removed all advertising banners from the global settings.
- Fixed a bug (metric) for window and door grilles in the global settings.
- Added two additional parameters for mid-span blocking to enable multiple rows of blocking in a wall panel.
- Added two parameters (number of rows, row spacing) for blocking into the Walls tab of the global settings.
- Added the Australian/New Zealand I-Beam (Universal Beam - UB) as another steel beam option in the beam module.
- Added hollow structural section (HSS) beams to the beam module.
- Added angle iron (L) beams to the beam module.
- Added fillet radiuses to wide flange (W) and universal (UB) beams.
- Added the following corner treatments: 3 Stud Solid, 4 Stud Solid, 3 Stud Block, 4 Stud Block, U-Cal
- Enabled a parameter in the General tab of the global settings to toggle the labeling of groups.
- Added the ability to import materials directly from the model within the Custom Material Libary/Manager in the global settings.
- Provided an additional parameter in the Wall Corners tab of the global settings for setting the thickness of corner blocking (3 and 4 Stud Block corner treatment only).
- Added an option to include 2D wall geometry in 3D modes (Framing, No Framing, CMU).
- Added an additional layer for 2D geometry.
- Added customizable colors for labels, 2D wall geometry, and 2D features (windows, doors, columns etc...)
- Added the stair module (straight run only) with the following advanced options: thrust block, landing tread, hanger board.
- Added the following options to the stair module: side spacers, skirt boards, finished floor offsets.
- Completed the Stairs tab within the global settings.
- Added the ability to draw a "Clearance Envelope" with an additional global parameter for specifying the minimum headroom.
- Added handrails to the stair module.
- Enabled "Over-the-Post" termination (single rise gooseneck and starting ease) for all handrail profiles.
- Added a "2 riser gooseneck" Over-the-Post termination option for all handrail profiles.
- Adjusted the auto-corner configuration algorithm so that wall panels can be placed within larger groups within the root of the model (wall panel isolation).
- Fixed a bug in the Over-the-Post section of the handrail/stair module.
- Added two parameters in the stair module to allow for extended stair stringers.
- Draw and Edit Wall menus now display wall height in feet and inches (fractional) when using an imperial units template.
- Added the action: "Regen Wall Assembly" in the context menu for all wall assemblies.
- Enabled temporary (construction) dimensions for wall panels in the Draw Wall tool.
- Added a section in the General tab of the global settings for configuring construction dimensions.
- Enabled temporary (construction) dimensions for beams in the Draw Beam tool.
- Enabled temporary (construction) dimensions for stairs in the Draw Stair tool.
- Added 2D construction lines for exterior wainscoting.
- When the cladding or wainscoting air gap is greater than zero the 2D construction lines are drawn in order to represent the interior surface.
- Added roof sheathing to the Medeek Estimator (common and monopitch truss assemblies).
- Version 0.9.9w - 01.04.2019
- Added Drip Edge and Hip & Ridge to the Medeek Estimator (common and monopitch truss assemblies).
- Added Concrete, Rebar and Anchor Bolts to the Medeek Estimator (slab-on-grade foundation assemblies).
- Made some improvements to the Medeek Estimator framework and user interface.
- Version 0.9.9x - 01.07.2019
- License expiration date now appears in the License tab of the Global Settings when plugin is registered.
- Added (regular) wall studs to the Medeek Estimator.
- Version 0.9.9y - 01.09.2019
- Added cripple and corner studs to the Medeek Estimator.
- Added top and bottom plates to the Medeek Estimator.
- Added window framing: header, sill plate, king studs, trimmer studs and sill trimmer studs to the Medeek Estimator.
- Version 0.9.9z - 01.11.2019
Version 0.9.8 - 10.14.2018 thru 10.30.2018
- Critical update with the global settings module.
- Critical update with the auto-corner configuration module.
- Fixed a typo/bug in the window module (casing).
- Removed the wall justification parameter from the draw and edit wall menus.
- Interior wall door casing properly configured for both sides of the wall.
- Created the gable wall matrix selector for the new gable wall module.
- Added the ability to wrap beams with gypsum and updated the beam menus with this new feature.
- Added a manufacturer's label and fields (mfr. and series) for windows.
- Added the following window manufacturers and labels: Alside, Andersen, Atrium, Harvey, Integrity, Jeld-Wen, Marvin, MI, Milgard, Pella, PGT, PlyGem, Simonton, YKK-AP
- Shutters Option added to the Windows tab of the global settings.
- "Window Trim Inset" parameter added to the Windows tab of the global settings.
- Critical fixes in the following modules: Auto-Corner Config, Shutters, Sheathing and Cladding.
- Loading wall presets changed to a two step process. Clicking the update button is no longer required to activate a loaded preset.
- Wall edit menu updated to allow for sequential selection of wall panels for quick editing.
- Corrected a bug in the Walls tab of the global settings involving the wall presets selection field.
- Added a blocking thickness parameter in the Walls tab of the global settings.
- Fixed bugs with the blocking parameter and the material manager for metric templates.
- The following tabs added to the global settings: Garage Doors, Beams, Columns, Stairs, SSW, Shearwalls, Estimating, Engineering and Updates.
- Enabled custom materials for gypsum in the HTML wall draw and edit menus.
- Felt + OSB material added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Advanced layers (headers, kings and trimmers) enabled for door, window and garage door framing.
Version 0.9.7 - 10.06.2018 thru 10.13.2018
- Wall labels option added to the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Wall labels can be drawn/shown in all framing modes.
- Added two additional layers to the Layers tab of the Global Settings for dimensioning and annotations.
- Wall label prefix can be customized in the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Licensee name now appears in the License tab of the Global Settings when plugin is registered.
- Fixed a bug in the door and garage door module (affects both metric and imperial templates).
- Added header and framing callouts for garage doors, windows and doors.
- Added labels and callouts for all beam types.
- Beam label prefix can be customized in the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Beam Z Floor parameter included in draw and edit menus (used to establish height of beam from sub-floor).
- "Regen Beam Assembly" action added to context menu for beams.
- Window sill qty. callout added to the framing callouts for windows.
- Created icons for the stair module.
Version 0.9.6 - 09.23.2018 thru 10.05.2018
- Created the initial framework of the Medeek Estimating Module.
- Added sheathing, cladding and gypsum to the Medeek Estimator.
- Corrected the group description for pressure treated bottom plates.
- Added the ability to export data from the Medeek Estimator in CSV format.
- Fixed a bug in the exterior wainscoting module for metric templates.
- Improved the auto-corner config and tee intersection algorithms to better handle large models (100+ wall panels).
Version 0.9.5 - 09.17.2018
- Added advanced options to the column edit menu which allows for notching out of gypsum, sheathing and cladding for beam pockets.
- Tee intersections will now automatically remove gypsum where walls meet.
- Added the garage door module with the following garage door variants: Solid, No Panels, Raised Panel, Flat Panel, Glass Raised Panel, Glass Flat Panel, Glass Panel.
- Added Portal Frames: Both, Left, Right to the garage door module.
- Removed garage door option from door draw and edit menus.
Version 0.9.4 - 08.31.2018 thru 09.03.2018
- Added additional (New Zealand) standard metric stud sizes: 45x90, 45x140, 45x190, 45x240, 45x290
- Addressed multiple bugs having to do with metric templates (glulam headers, columns, SSWs).
- Added (New Zealand) standard metric sizes for window and door headers.
- Fixed a bug with corner stud placement where corner angles are extreme values.
- Improved the Tee intersection algorithm of the auto-corner configuration module.
- Fixed a minor bug in the Windows tab of the Global Settings.
Version 0.9.3 - 08.26.2018 thru 08.30.2018
- Added a Custom Material Library/Manager in the Materials tab of the Global Settings.
- Enabled custom materials for sheathing, cladding and ext. wainscoting in the HTML wall draw and edit menus.
- Enabled the ability to group materials and control which drop down menu they will appear in.
- Added an SKM file import utility to the Material Library.
- Enabled the Wall Gypsum Corner parameter in the sheathing tab of the global settings (MITER/FLUSH).
- Interior walls now receive end treatment when gypsum enabled.
- Gypsum wrap enabled for openings in interior walls that do not have a window or door installed.
Version 0.9.2 - 08.21.2018
- Added sidelites (double and single) for all door types.
- Enabled 5-lite (full glass) and 3-lite (half glass) grilles for door sidelites.
- Enabled all grille options for sidelites.
Version 0.9.1 - 08.15.2018 thru 08.17.2018
- Added an HTML "Draw Wall" menu option. This is toggled in the global settings with the Graphical UI parameter.
- Configured the HTML "Draw Wall" menu to remember the previous settings.
- Added an option in the Walls tab of the Global Settings to auto-load a wall preset within the HTML Draw Wall menu.
Version 0.9.0 - 08.03.2018 thru 08.09.2018
- Added gothic and segmental arched windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to arched and gothic arch windows.
- Enabled all interior casing styles (Style A, Style B, and Style C) for gothic and arch windows.
- Critical fix to the auto-corner configuration module which addresses a bug with multi-story construction.
- Added logic so that callouts for stacked windows are properly cascaded.
Version 0.8.9 - 07.25.2018
- Added the CMU framing mode for concrete block wall construction.
- Stud/Wall Depth and Width parameters added to the Walls tab of the Global Settings.
- Added double, triple and quad casement windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Resolved a bug in the window and door attribute library modules.
Version 0.8.8 - 07.24.2018
- Added an additional "mode" parameter for exterior wainscoting, which allows for multiple configurations of partial wainscoting.
Version 0.8.7 - 07.18.2018 thru 07.22.2018
- Added oval and round windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Enabled trim, casing and window installation for oval and round windows.
- Added a 5-Lite Circular Grille for all window types.
- Enabled all standard grille types for oval and round windows.
- Addressed a number of miscellaneous bugs related to metric templates.
- Added a start and end parameter for exterior wainscoting, which allows for partial wainscoting of a wall panel.
- All window grille types extended to half glass and full glass doors (single/double).
Version 0.8.6 - 07.14.2018 thru 07.16.2018
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to rectangular windows.
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to arched windows.
- Shutter geometry parameter allows for: Left, Right or Double.
Version 0.8.5 - 07.11.2018 thru 07.12.2018
- Added the Prairie Grille for picture windows.
- Added "Casement" and "Fixed" to the window installation types, these currently are modeled identical to the picture window type.
- Added a "No Header" option for windows.
- Updated the licensing system to include a 30 day limit of the trial version.
- Added Simpson Strong-Tie APL4 Beam-to-Column Tie to the beam hanger library.
- Name of plugin changed to "Medeek Wall".
- Added the following Grille Types for all windows: Prairie, Perimeter, Short Fractional, Farmhouse, Grid2x2, Grid2x3, Grid3x2, Grid3x3.
Version 0.8.4 - 07.05.2018 thru 07.09.2018
- Added frieze and skirt board options to the exterior trim module.
- Added an optional drip cap to the skirt board (dimensions can be set in the global settings).
- Similar to the band board the skirt and frieze can cut through the corner trim.
- Each wall panel now has a name assigned to it, which can be edited in the wall edit menu.
- LVL beam depths now include 22" and 24" beam sizes. LVL edge texture has been updated.
- Fixed the door handing for in-swing doors.
- Callout for in-swing doors moved to interior side of wall.
- Horizontal trim elements terminate at window and door trim.
- Added the following door types: flat four panel, flat two panel (single and double).
- Added a vertical offset parameter for doors that allows a door to be positioned below the bottom plate of the wall.
Version 0.8.3 - 07.02.2018 thru 07.04.2018
- Added a band board option to the exterior trim module.
- The "band thru corner" option allows the band board to cut through the corner trim.
- Fixed a bug with the wall edit menu so that it loads default global settings for advanced wall options as required.
- Release date and sub. revision numbers are now correctly reported in the global settings license tab.
Version 0.8.2 - 06.28.2018
- Added the ability to draw and edit beams with the Beams/Column Toolset.
- Glulam, PSL, LVL, LSL, Timber and Lumber beam types added to the beam module.
- Start and end cut options (miter,firecut) added to the advanced options for beams.
- Steel: Wide Flange (W) beam types added to the beam module.
- Added a hanger library (customizable) and the ability to place hangers at the start and/or end of a beam.
- Created a number of low polygon count Simpson Strong-Tie hanger and column caps.
Version 0.8.1 - 06.24.2018 thru 06.26.2018
- Enabled exterior wainscoting for Ext-Int walls.
- Added additional parameters to the wainscot menu for window and wall ledges.
- Wainscot "cut" parameter added to the exterior trim menu in order to optionally cut corner trim at the wainscot height.
- Added the following double door types: solid, six panel, half glass, full glass.
- Fixed a bug where wall corner trim thickness equals trim width.
Version 0.8.0 - 06.21.2018
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete pre-fab shear wall panels with the SSW Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle SSW annotations independent of window, door and column annotations.
- SSW annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.
- Added the ability to toggle between center, left or right positioning (by pressing the CTRL key) while drawing windows, doors, columns or SSWs.
Version 0.7.9 - 06.18.2018
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete wall columns with the Beams/Column Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle beam and column annotations independent of window/door annotations.
- Column annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.
- Sub-groups within wall panels can be made persistent by naming these groups or component instances to (custom1, custom2, custom3, etc...), also all other user defined geometry (ie. faces, text, lines and dimensions) are also retained when the wall panel is regenerated by the plugin.
Version 0.7.8 - 06.14.2018
- Added the ability to create, load and delete wall presets within the Edit Wall (HTML) Menu.
- Fixed a bug within the auto-corner configuration module which caused issues for walls less than 36" in height.
- The wall length in the Edit Wall Menu updated to ft-in from decimal feet (imperial templates), also fixed a bug in the wall length for metric templates.
Version 0.7.7 - 06.08.2018 thru 06.09.2018
- Created the Medeek Wall Plugin LT, a lighter version of the plugin with internal wall framing, estimating and engineering removed.
- Horizontal and Vertical OSB sheathing materials added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Horizontal and Vertical plywood sheathing materials added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Tyvek + OSB material added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Added 2D construction line options for sheathing, cladding and gypsum within the global settings.
- Fixed a bug within the corner trim module (trim width).
- Added additional standard metric stud sizes: 36x68, 36x98, 36x148, 36x198, 48x72, 48x98, 48x148, 48x198
Version 0.7.6 - 06.04.2018 thru 06.07.2018
- Added the option for Glulam Beams for window and door headers.
- Cladding corner treatment now has MITER and LAP available as two additional corner options.
- Sheathing corner treatment now has LAP available as an additional corner option.
- Cladding materials selection extended to include all SketchUp materials currently in model.
- Minor bug in exterior corner trim corrected.
- The update status message in HTML edit menus (wall, door and window) moved to top of form for better visibility.
- Auto-Corner Configuration algorithm revised to handle "stepped" walls and to better detect co-linear walls.
- Wall "Draw Tool" configured to retain most recent inputs from user. Parameters not shown in UI default to global settings.
- Added the option to toggle between standard stud sizes and custom (user defined width x depth) sizes with the "Walls" tab of the global settings.
- Fixed a bug with the wall sheathing and cladding so that door openings are properly cut out even when the vertical offset parameter is negative.
- Added the ability to lock the cursor to the X or Y axis for the "Draw Wall Tool" (line and polyline) by pressing the SHIFT key.
- Added the ability to lock the cursor to the 45 deg. and 135 deg. axis for the "Draw Wall Tool" (line and polyline) by pressing the CTRL key.
Version 0.7.5 - 05.31.2018
- Fixed a bug with the callout positioning method to allow for the correct placement of wall opening text.
- Intersecting walls now cut through the top plate of the primary walls at tee intersections.
- Wall cladding and sheathing materials option now added to wall creation tool.
- Default behavior for the Wall Mode parameter added the Walls tab of the global settings (Line or Polyline).
- Added DensGlass™ sheathing material to the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Began the addition of tooltips to every parameter within the global settings.
Version 0.7.4 - 05.29.2018
- Fixed a bug with the wall polyline tool so that the wall line will snap to the X or Y axis.
- Added ZIP Systems(c) 7/16" and 1/2" wall sheathing materials to the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Added the Z Height option to the wall creation tools. The Z height parameter and option to enable this feature are found in the walls tab of the global settings.
- Created icons and added toolbars for the Simpson Strong-Wall module and the Columns module, both of which are still under construction.
Version 0.7.3 - 05.27.2018
- Fixed a bug which limited window height to only 48 inches.
Version 0.7.2 - 05.25.2018
- Created the Medeek Wall Plugin, utilizing SketchUp's Ruby API.
- Added the rectangular wall tool with the ability to create window and door openings.
- Created the wall move tool which allows walls to be moved in or out.
For a more in depth look at the development of the plugin and related discussions please visit the Medeek Forum.
If you have any questions about the Medeek Wall Plugin or its development please contact us.